One Pager Exercise - CMNS165

News Matters - Newman - January 23, 2018

My grandfather read at least four papers. When I asked him why he read so much he said, “News matters!” He explained it helped him feel connected to the world and humanity to know what was going on. As I get older, I pay a lot of attention to the news, mainly on radio, but I also look at papers or online. I do this because I feel the need to know what is happening around me and around the world. I also feel more connected to him and how he saw the world. 

Public relations is very important to Camosun College. As a business, the college understands that negative news could impact enrolment while other news can help guide the curriculum based on trends in education. When Provincial or Federal governments announce changes to funding for training, it directly impacts post secondary institutions. Local and global news should be of great importance to Camosun’s Public Relations Department. If Camosun doesn’t maintain its’ relationship with the public and its’ students, it will be bad business.

Comments